Harvest Pumpkin Banana Bread
Recipe by Kim Doyle.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 med ripe banana, mashed
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated fresh nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Spray loaf or bundt pans with nonstick cooking spray
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar, and oil on medium speed until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in mashed banana and can of pumpkin.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add flour/dry mixture and water to the sugar, oil, and pumpkin mixture, beating after each addition, until combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If using small pans, begin checking at 40 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, cool completely before slicing.
This dessert is perfect as-is or you can use one of the glaze recipes below for added impact. The dessert we pictured uses the thick white chocolate glaze with a sprinkle of butterscotch chips and walnuts.
1 cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 2 tbsp warm milk.
Thick White Chocolate Glaze
1/2 cup of white chocolate chips + 1 tbsp milk
Combine the chips and milk into a small bowl or cup. Microwave the mixture at 50% power for 40 seconds, checking to see if the chips have melted. Mix well until you have a smooth glaze which can be poured or drizzled onto the bread.