Cilantro Soup Shots
Recipe by The Pickled Peppercorn Catering.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into large cubes)
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 2 lbs zucchini sliced or cubed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large white or yellow onion (cut in half)
- 3 qts. chicken stock (bouillon cubes are fine)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tbsp oregano
Bring 3 quarts of water to boil and add the chicken, onion, garlic, jalapeno (optional) bouillon cubes and zucchini. Let boil for 20 minutes. When finished boiling, blend all ingredients, using the stock that you boiled everything in and adding the cilantro, using a blender or food processor till pureed. Pour everything back into pot and add heaving whipping cream and simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. For a thicker soup, add more whipping cream; for a thinner soup, add more stock.